Established in 2012, Lefrik started designing urban bags, backpacks, and travel essentials specifically using the highest quality environmentally friendly fabrics made from recycled plastic PET bottles. With innovative products that are both cool and savvy, are made avoiding the use of more natural resources. Lefrik has also been approved as vegan by the animal welfare organization PETA. The CEO and co-founder is Curra Rotondo. Straightaway, here is a super quick interview: 12 questions, 12 answers.
Reading Time: 4 minutes
1. Are you a morning or night person?
Depends – used to be a night owl until my kids came into my life; now I normally fell asleep earlier than I would like… but I still hate rising early, so definitely more a night type than morning.
2. If you could trade lives with someone for a day, who would it be?
Yvon Chouinard – And if I could choose the day, any day redefining Patagonia’s sustainable goals.
3. If a film were made out of your life, what genre would it be and who would play you?
Road Movie – Laura Linney (Love her role in OZARK).
4. If you were famous what would you be famous for?
Founding LEFRIK and equally growing it into a company known for being an outstanding place to work.
5. In a music playlist about your life what song couldn’t miss?
Forever Young – Youth Group
6. What song are you listening to now?
Cigarettes Daydreams – Cage The Elephant
7. Name one brand you always look up for.
PATAGONIA for inspiration and I love the quality and clean lines in SANDQVIST.
8. What did you want to be when you were younger?
9. On a scale of 1 to 10, how sustainable is your brand/company?
5/10 – For us, being 100% sustainable is supporting a circular model in which what we create can be easily recycled or reused again. We have a lot of work to do.
10. What is your favorite piece from the collection and why?
One of our long-time favorites is the MAVERICK, it makes us very proud because it’s quite unique, a convertible foldable trolley that you cannot find elsewhere.
11. How did you get into this (LEFRIK)?
When we realized there was a gap in the market when looking for practical, nice, and sustainable products at reasonable prices.
12. Where do you draw your inspiration from?
We gather inspiration from our community as well as from daily actions to travel inputs. We always find something to solve in the travel and commuting everyday experience.
🍪 Sound Taste: If you need to focus while working from home, please,check this playlist,complete with amazing songs to keep you focused. TFR has created this Spotify playlist, in order to help artists become better known by letting you know about new melodies, new stories, new chords. In fact, we all have the opportunity to contribute and help build a better world. Starting, straightaway with the little things. At the same time if you identify yourself, help us grow, follow Us!